Monday 2 December 2019

Where did those 4 months go!!

Four months passed and I cant believe how quick the year has gone, better late than never in posting some images of the work I've been doing, alongside birding, mothing, photography, stuff and more stuff!!! So that's why I have been disorganised.
This was a compilation of Clearwing Moths for a birthday commission.
 Barn Owl on Yew, these small pieces of Yew really do come up nice when sanded, such a lovely grain and nice to work on.
 Kingfisher and Barn Owl

 Pepper the Pug had been a private commission that had to be kept under wraps until owner Pete came to collect, this was a retro looking piece but great fun doing and I was so pleased how it came out, look at those eyes!
 Rob purchased this Stoat, many thanks sir.
I so like the patterning on the Bitterns, and with their elongated necks they fit perfect on quirky shaped pieces of wood.
 This was a special request from Pete (Pepper's owner) Great White Shark, some nervous times doing this, totally out of my comfort zone, but it came out good in the end.
 A pet commission piece, the scarf made it really pop when finished.
 A couple of pieces for Sarah to show at a craft fair she attended.


 This brings me more up to date and something of a different project, I do a fair share of dog portraits but these were down sized to roughly greeting card dimensions so that I can display them in a rotating card display stand.