Sunday 15 March 2020

Bringing You Up To Date with Art 4 Sale.

These pieces of wood were bought from my local sawmill, such beautiful grains and patterning. The first piece I have completed is of a group of Long Tailed Tits, I loved the idea of using the knotted hole through the centre as a perch for the birds to be on. One of the other pieces will probably have a study of moths painted on, maybe the Hawkmoths I think!



 Turnstones at Titchwell, a common wader but one that is striking in summer plumage, the mixed  tones of brown, black and white really stand out.

 Sadly a bird you don't always see a lot, I have been fortunate to of seen a number and photograph them before moving to Norfolk.

 I love the colour and tones of the Brambling, as with the Tree Sparrow and Turnstones I kept the background subdued so as not to detract from the subject.

 Me posing with the Brambling and Tree Sparrow paintings to show the size.
 Gouache painting of a flock of Avocets, I also painted a similar group of Avocet but with just a monochrome look by only painting the black parts, regardless of no other detailing it is instantly recognisable as these iconic birds. 
This commission piece was of a much loved pet that sadly passed, it was a pleasure to paint Harry and one that had been kept quiet until christmas.