Sunday 11 August 2019

Busy Times And Artwork Going To New Homes.

 A few months have passed since the May update, and continuing still in May, Sarah and I took part in the first Norfolk Bird Fair at Pensthorpe, we had a selection of Sarah's nature themed shades and lamps which were really received well with some great feedback and sales as well as future orders. Overall we did well and enjoyed meeting some lovely people and fellow art and craft sellers and a favourite for us both was chatting and meeting Bill Oddie.

 Back in the studio I was progressing from one piece to the next, I am getting very fond of Bittern artwork and think it goes so well on the pieces of wood I have, this one looked great on a beautiful piece of cherry.

 Two Common Terns in flight, some of the pieces were slightly larger than the norm but a good project to try bigger work.

 I enjoyed painting these Clearwing moths for a birthday commission, placed on a lovely piece of yew.
 This is Stan, the Dogue de Bordeaux, I photographed him myself so I could make sure I had the detail to portray this gentle giant in all his glory. Such a lovely dog. 

 This Puffin piece got a new home alongside a older Oystercatcher the owner had previously bought from me.

 I moved onto the largest wood art piece I have done to date, a group of 3 Avocets in flight on a piece of cherry wood. I love how this came out.

 These 3 small pieces of yew were completed for The Wallflower and Wallace store in Heydon, Norfolk, a great place to visit.


My next pieces to find a new home consisted of one that had been kept under wraps for some time. Above I am photographed with good friend Rob ( fantastic craft maker, check him out on Instagram as "vintagefairfan") buying this Stoat painting.
And then "Pepper the Pug" portrait was revealed, so pleased to of done this for very good friend Pete, and it looked liked Pepper was pleased with the outcome too.

Yet another Bittern, but a smaller piece on my last piece of yew, this is last completed piece, I will be having to take a trip to the sawmill this week for more wood!
Presently I am undertaking a commission piece that has thrown me from my comfort zone and a real challenge, it may still end up as kindling!!!! 
Images of what it is on the next write up.