Sunday 12 May 2019

Busy with Brush in Hand.

Since my last post I have been busy most days getting as much artwork completed as possible due to art exhibitions. The first was in Trimingham and then the one that is just a week away is Pensthorpe in Norfolk. So time to catch up and show what I have been up to, a lot of the work has been completed on different wood which has been popular.
 A couple of Stoat portraits, the one below was for my brother.

 These coaster sized discs portray Chaffinch, Goldfinch, Blue Tit and Kingfisher.

 I like to get back to the moths when ever I can, this one went to a Gallery along with this Pheasant which took me a long time to finish, the colours of the bird changed as it wrapped around the body, hard work but worth it.

 The bark just adds to the subject on this one of a Nuthatch.
 Spanish Moon Moth and a couple of cheeses with British butterflies on.

 I have been wanting to have a go at a Waxwing for some time so I was happy to get this one completed.
 Puffins, this one was painted on paper this time, then back to the wood with a couple of cropped in butterflies.


 I took the photograph of this Swallow which I recreated on a beautiful piece of wood.
 Moths on paper, these are Garden Tiger and a Swallowtailed Moth.

 More moths on paper for Pensthorpe, a Brimstone moth and a Barred Sallow.
 I then went for something totally different, I thought about doing a compilation of birds of one species a on slender piece of wood to have a hook and wall mount attached for key hangers.
Above is Sparrows, below are finches,
 then thrushes,
 a second set of finches,
 and my last piece just finished comprises Hawkmoths. I am also in the process of a commission piece for a friend of his Pug, but that will stay under wraps until it's finished. So there you have it, a lot of hours with brush in hand and a lot of artwork.