Monday 1 August 2016

"Snowy & Zebra"

 Here are my latest pieces of artwork, a Zebra portrait using pencil and then I reverted back to watercolour for a portrait of "Snowy", owned by my cousin Sam and her partner Jason. For the pencil drawing I stuck to using Faber Castell and Derwent pencils, by far the best type I have used, mind you I wish the Derwents were a tad stronger and didn't break when you sharpened to a fine point. I also recently purchased a new sharpener made by Derwent and I am very pleased with how good it sharpens. For "Snowy" I gave in to my wife Sarah, and went for a bold orange backdrop. She said how a vivid background colour would boost the picture, as she had seen on some modern pieces, and so I gave in and I must admit I think it works well, next I may use a bright yellow backdrop behind a dog that is predominantly white/grey in colour.