Sunday 19 August 2018

The "Hairy One" has been busy!!

 Swallows
Following on from the other wooden art pieces for Cley Spy, the work just rolled from one piece to another!
I completed 3 birds and then dived into painting moths, this was a change of subject and really enjoyable, the first one of a Lime Hawkmoth was duly snapped up by Tim at Cley Spy.
 Long-tailed tits
 Lime Hawkmoth
After the Lime Hawkmoth I next completed ones of a Elephant Hawkmoth, Privet Hawkmoth (which I have forgot to photograph!! bugger!!) a Grey Dagger and Burnished Brass. With so many lovely species, and stacks of photographs also, I think the moths will definitely be getting worked on a lot.
  Elephant Hawkmoth
 Grey Dagger
 Burnished Brass
My wife Sarah, has a craft fair coming up in Mundesley and so I then moved onto some smaller wooden art for her to show. She already has the Oystercatcher and Common Gull along with the Puffin, so I decided to add a Barn Owl, Sanderling and Hare. 
Barn Owl
 Sanderling
 Hare
And finally my most favourite piece yet, one of a Bittern. I had some beautiful wood that was still edged with its bark and knot hole in the middle, I placed the Bittern stretching its neck alongside the knot and curved the bill over the hole, the patterning and colours all seemed to work together, I can't wait to start on the next cut of wood.
 Bittern
Bittern